Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ducks, Nervous Nellies & Fish(ing) on My Mind




I drove 305 miles today. As I was about to load the bike this morning a brief sheer came thru. I didn't want to get down the road & get caught so I started out w/my rain gear on. I took 73S to 44E & before I got to White River I was out of my rain gear. The ride was fast & the scenery was mostly of open range with lots of cattle & horses. All the rivers & streams I passed were muddy & many over their normal banks. I took 83S at White River & then 18W at Mission. I tried to get something to eat there, but I couldn't bring myself to eat anything I saw. What do these people eat? I kept going east at Winner the "Pheasant Capital of the World" on 44E again.

There were ponds all along the road & lots of ducks. I came down a steep hill & passed over the Very wide & swollen Missouri & entered Platte SD.




Apparently they are catching some big walleye now. I wanted to go fishing, but I had to ride. Only light clouds up to this point. I must of passed. by 200 bikes thru this stretch since this was the best weather they've had this season. I stopped to take photos of some horses, but they were leary & curious about me at the same time. They shook their heads & pranced.
I took 19N at Parker to 42E to Sioux Falls SD. I asked the desk clerk at Red Roof Inn if he knew of a place that had fresh walleye (fish were still on my mind).


He told me to go to Wild Sage, which I did. The walleye was great, the sweet potato fries & the pear marinated in reisling trifle were scrumpous & I topped it off w/a Minnesota Grainbelt Premium brew.

All ends well that rides straight & doesn't fall over.

No comments:

Post a Comment