Wednesday, June 22, 2011

That Run Down Feeling, Blowing Off Steam & getting Buffalo'd





I drove 218 miles today. I cleaned off the half inch of bugs from the bike & went to the Ennis Pharmacy for breakfast. Great little diner inside. Went outside to take pictures of main street. A lady backed out of her parking spot w/o looking, cut her wheel sharply & I felt a bump. I turned & she had almost run over the back of my left foot. She gave me one of those "I'm sorry looks. Whew! Close call. I got on 287S towards West Yellowstone MT for the park.

I saw antelope, a sign that said "Big Horn Sheep Crossing", deer, an eagle & amazing mountains & scenery. I went by the Hebgen Reservoir which was beautiful & saw a dog chewing on a moose carcas by the waters edge. I got on 191S to West Yellowstone and 20 or so miles I entered Yellowstone Nat. Park.




Within a mile I saw a female moose &. bit further the Park Rangers were directing us around bison on the road. They are big & shaggy this time of year. Traffic was moving but slow. I saw a lot more bison out in the meadows & stopped several times to take photos.


Lots of people fly fishing too. A lot of the burned out areas from 2003 are now full of trees that are 10 to 20 ft. tall. BTW, all these roads are sweeping curves-great riding. I saw lots of geysers, heard the reason they changed the leash rules for pets in 1985 when David Kerwin's poodle jumped out of his car & dived into a boiling pool of water.



I got to Old Faithful & watched her go off in her full glory.


I got on the bike & proceeded to 14/20 to Cody WY. More spectacular scenery. I'll finish this in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment