Monday, June 20, 2011

I Fell In Love Today




I'll get to the love thing in a minute. I found the BBQ wagon this morning for breakfast. Check out West of the Blues BBQ on Yelp. Great pulled pork with zingy crunchy Cole slaw. A great breakfast/lunch. I got on 12E towards Lewiston ID thru miles of rolling hills of wheat. The curves were sweeping and fast. The sun was out and the clouds were fluffy. There were hillsides of a wild blue flower. Dream like ride. In 100 miles I stopped in Lewiston and had a diet Dr. Pepper & butterfingers ice cream cone for a late lunch. I continued on 12E alongside the Clearwater River. People were fishing for salmon-it was getting better. I stopped at Kooskia for gas and the ride turned into 150 miles of sweeping curvy stretches alongside the Clearwater River thru the National Forest. But it was different-it was now a wild & scenic river. It got better. It was warm enough that I had to take my jacket off. Now I was riding alongside the wild and scenic Lochsa River. There was white water galore, awesome trees, sheer cliff walls and kayakers. I crossed the Lolo Pass & there was snow on the ground & I had to put my jacket back on. It was the best road I've ever driven on. I am in love. I finally pulled into Lolo and pulled out to go to Missoula. There was a herd of buffalo. I got a room downtown by the University of Montana (Grizzlies) and went in search of a buffalo burger. I'm going to tell you about my dinner find in another post. I drove 356 miles today and lost an hour moving east.

No comments:

Post a Comment