Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday June 22 continued




I finally got to the western part of Cody and pulled into the Big Bear Motel. I negotiated my rate. I have found out on this trip if a hotel is not full you can negotiate a lower rate by just asking. I have been able to lower the rates by up to $20 a night. I asked for a dining recommendation & they sent me to Cassie's. I had 2 Moose Drool Browns and a 16 ounce Bison t-bone for dinner. I traded jokes with two guys at the bar & the bartender, Ruth. I was told that a combination out of state hunting license in Montana for white tail deer/mule deer/moose/antelope/elk costs $1000. It will cost another $3000 for 4 to 6 days of hunting. Wow. In 1987 I took my Dad to Wyoming for 10 days of elk hunting on horse back and it cost $2500 for both of us. They had live music at Cassie's while there was a band at the Buffalo Bar next door. The cowboys like to have a good time. I didn't realize it until it was too late but they have a rodeo everynnight in Cody from June 4th until August. If I'd known that I would have gone. I must say each day riding thru the west makes me realize how beautiful a country we have and that we should enjoy. I did some wash tonight but the t-shirt was having none of it. It actually smells mountain fresh. Tomorrow I head towards Rapid City SD to go see Mt. Rushmore. Sweet dreams t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment