Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Unlucky Brake or Good Fortune?





I drove 279 miles on Tuesday. I started out by having lunch at the Blue Bison Grill. I had a side of Bison Chili w/my main course being the Fry burger. Bison/elk with onion rings with a sauce of beer flavored cheese. Tuanya the owner just opened up inside the Stockman's Cafe & Bar & has a bright future. I then headed for Butte on 12/90E.


The ride was going great with great scenery. I stopped in Butte and fueled up. Got on 90E, passed by the Copper Canyon Harley dealer & got off at 359S. Pressed on my rear brakes & got nothing but squeal. Where did my brakes go? I immediately headed 31 miles back to Butte. It was 3:15. I pulled into the Harley dealer & they threw the Road King on the rack. I had lost a pin out from the rear brakes & half my brake pads.

They fixed my brakes, got a new rear tire (no thread left) & was back on the road again in 2 hrs. Great service, great guys. They even recommended an alternative route on 2 to 41 to 287 thru Twin Bridges, Sheridan (a nugget in the Gold Valley) & historic Virginia City.




I settled in at the Riverside Inn at Ennis MT. Great little cabins, owner was originally from Easton MD on the eastern shore. He recommend Banditio/Gravel Bar for dinner. I had a bison enchilada w/habenaro cheese sauce. I got the cute bartender to tell me a joke after, Mac, a local bet me I couldn't get her to tell me one. Ennis is known for great trout fly fishing on the Madisson River. I guess it was a lucky break catching those brakes before I entered the mountains again & I found Ennis, a great little town.

1 comment:

  1. Happy travels Mischief! Still holdin down the Blue Bison Grill hope to see you again on your trip back!!

    ReplyDelete