Sunday, June 5, 2011

Motorcycle Blues



































Hot is the theme of the day again. That was the only thing that may have given me the blues today. But first I forgot to let you know that I rode 477 miles yesterday. Now onto the most pleasant development. The t-shirt is holding up well, fresh as a daisy. My other super clothes equipment-my anti microbial underwear is advertised as lasting thru 17 countries over 6 weeks. Now I'm not so sure it will hold up as well as the t-shirt, but (no pun intended) I'll keep you up to date. Today I managed 259 miles, but a lot of it was on back roads. I keep waiting for a cloud to provide some shade once in awhile. No such luck. I drank almost a gallon of Gatorade and water during the day. I pulled into the Country Corner restaurant in Bruceton TN for lunch and tried to park next to the building in the shade. As soon as I shut the bike off the side window opened and the waitress stuck her head out and asked if I wanted to place an order. I just looked at her and realizing it wasn't a parking spot just said I guess I better move my bike. I got a room at Econo Lodge about 16 miles from downtown Memphis. I hit the pool and freshened up for my ride into the Music Alley and dinner. Lots of people on Beale Street. Before I even started to go thru the police check point-yes, they do make the guys empty their pockets and pat them down for weapons-I asked the doorman at Blues City Cafe where a good ribs place was. Of course he said they had the best. I thought about it for a short second and walked in. They sat me in the back where the band was playing. I ordered a Fat Tire beer and ribs. The band was jamming and they were really good. I listened to 4 separate bands in Nashville and now another in Memphis and they have all been so good that I would pay to go to a concert to listen to them. Luckily I've been able to see them all for free. It makes me realize that it must be extremely difficult to be discovered and mighty lucky to make it big. The ribs fell off the bone and the beer was cold. What more could you ask for in a meal. I finished and then waked down Beale Street. You can drink on the street as long as it's in a plastic cup. They advertise "Big Ass Beers" for sale. I'll try and post some pics of this very colorful street. Oh, I also gained an hour so I got to party a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment