Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Night Dinner in Missoula





I hunted for a buffalo burger and struck out. I was going to have to settle for something else. I saw a wine bar-Rare Bird-and went in. I started looking at the menu and I hear the couple next to me ask for Buffalo Fondue. I asked the bartender, Quintin, where it was on the menu and he said it wasn't. I ordered it and a Bayern Heifeweissen. The buffalo was tender and tasty. What a find. I asked Quintin for a joke. He did not know I was riding a Harley. Here it is. A chicken & a horse are best friends. One day the horse gets stuck in a bog. The chicken goes to find the farmer & his tracker but he's taken it to town. The chicken hops on the farmer's Harley and tosses a rope to the horse. He slowly pulls him out & saves him. A little while later the chicken steps in a pool of water & can't get out. The horse strattles the pool & says grab onto my horsehood hanging down. He pulls out the chicken. The moral of the story-if you're hung like a horse you don't need a big Harley to pick up chicks. Not sure where I'm going tomorrow. The t-shirt really enjoyed the ride today. This was a day of riding for scrapbook. I am in love.

3 comments:

  1. Where you headed next? Is there flooding in your way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying away from bad weather as long as I can. Every
    Where I go everyone sez I'm hitting the best days of the season.. Onto Billings and then Rapid City.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made a mistake. I ate at Red Bird, not Rare Bird.

    ReplyDelete