Thursday, June 23, 2011

Road Work, Antelope & another great ride




I drove 350 miles today. And I had to waited 4 times for road construction today. It is no fun riding on a road that has just been stripped so it can be resurfaced. It's like driving in snow. I have had to stop about 20 times on this trip so far. I hope those stimulus dollars are helping. I took 16/14/20E out of Cody until Greybull WY where a highway sign said 14 on the way to Sheridan WY was closed in 30 miles in both directions because of a landslide. I headed south on 16/20 to Worland WY and then 16E towards Buffalo WY. I continued east on 16 passing thru the well known town of Ten Sleep WY. There were stretches of road where there were no services for 78 miles. This strip turned out to be a Wild Tour Loop-meaning lots of wild animals. I stopped to take pictures of some Prong Horn Antelope. They were right alongside the road. Soon I started seeing small herds of them numbering 10 to 15. I must of seen well over 100 during the day. Amazingly pretty and very skittish. at Buffalo WY I got on 16/90E towards Gillette WY. There were Prong Horn all over the place. I finally worked my way to Sundance WY and called it an evening. Today was another beautiful warm day. I had to get down to the t-shirt for most of the day. Loads of bugs too. Tomorrow I head for Rapid City SD and onto Mt. Rushmore. They're predicting thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment